Breastfeeding may be required to get rid of unpleasant symptoms of colds, influenza, angina and other viral-infectious pathologies. These diseases are found among the newly born women infrequently, but deliver a lot of inconvenience and literally deprive the forces when you need to take care of the baby.
What can cause heat and rise temperature
Fevering condition with an increase in body temperature to high values is characteristic of a number of diseases to which include:
- The defeat of the respiratory tract - ORVI, sinusitis, tonsillitis, angina, otitis, sinusitis;
- lactostasis - stagnation of milk in the ducts of the mammary glands;
- Mastitis - inflammation of the chest glands;
- cystitis, pyelonephritis;
- Food poisoning.
In some cases, the cause of a sudden increase in temperature is autoimmune diseases - arthritis, systemic red lupus, crust, rubella or hepatitis. All of them require specific treatment and compulsory medical observation.
The antipyretic funds begin to act already in 15 - 20 minutes, and the temperature gradually subsides
If the temperature rose due to colds, you can try to cope with it without drugs. It is possible that wet wipes with vinegar and abundant drinking will help. In acetic solution prepared at the rate of 2 - 3 tbsp. l. On ½ l of warm water, the napkin is wetted, which is wound up with elbow and popliteal bends, then armpits and torso.
If the temperature exceeded a 38.5 ° mark and does not fall, it is better to take a medicine.
What antipyretic means are allowed
During the lactation period, paracetamol and ibuprofen, as well as most of their derivatives, are allowed. Paracetamol is a permissible preparation with breastfeeding, since it does not have a negative effect on the child. It penetrates breast milk in minor quantities, while compliance with the recommended doses can be used within 3 - 4 days.
The analogues of paracetamol containing the same active substance are Panadol, Milistan, Influenza, Rapidol, Efferoralgan and Cefecon. There are also combined agents based on Paracetamol - Teraflu, Coldrel, Ferwex, Flu Plus, Anvimax, FluuColdex.
Paracetamol and funds based on it help not only reduce body temperature, but also rapidly get rid of head, dental and post-traumatic pain.
It is best to choose an original paracetamol in which there are no additives and auxiliary substances. This will additionally secure both mom and baby by reducing the risk of developing allergies and side effects.
Unlike paracetamol, ibuprofen has not only antipyretic and analgesic, but also anti-inflammatory activity. It is also included in the list of those drugs that can be taken without fears for the health of the child.
Ibuprofen has several analogues: Nurofen, Ibuprom, Ibufen. They are produced in the form of tablets, syrup, rectal candles and can be used in nursing women for three days.
Features of reception
To minimize the possible damage to the child, take tablets and other forms of medicines are best immediately after feeding.
Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are well transferred and rarely provoke adverse reactions. Therefore, they are allowed to apply even pregnant women and breast children. Preparations are average effects.
Paracetamol is allowed to combine with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory means, as it does not affect the blood formation system and does not increase the risk of bleeding.
Mama who are breastfeeding should be careful in choosing drugs
Powerful anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and painful effect has ibuklin. Its composition has ibuprofen and paracetamol.
However, it is important to know that paracetamol is included in the group of direct hepatotoxins. If you exceed the permissible dose or take the drug for a long time, the liver cells will suffer. Thus, the more the pills are taken, the higher the risk of liver damage and heavier complications.
As practice shows, one-time reception of the antipyretic agent is not dangerous for a mother or child. If the fever is preserved or worried about the resistant pain syndrome, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
Read in the following article: Anesthetics with breastfeeding
An increase in body temperature (hyperthermia) is a symptom that is noticing about physiological or pathological changes in the body. More often, he signals the beginning of acute infections or exacerbation of chronic diseases. Nursing mom is not an exception, and the reasons for the rise of temperature have it usually standard, but there are provoking factors inherent in women after childbirth.
Normal temperature in breastfeeding
With the first influx of transition milk (for the 3-4th day after childbirth), the endocrine system is rebuilt on a new mode. Now the organism resources are aimed at ensuring lactation and recovery after delivery. Due to high load, the immune system reacts Subfebrile : The thermometer shows 1-2 degrees above the individual norm (37-37.5 ° C).
Typically, the temperature of a healthy person varies during the day from 36.5 ° C to 37 ° C. The indicator varies depending on the time of day, physical and psychological load. Subfebrile after childbirth is the normal state of the female organism, which is influenced by 2 factors: postpartum stress and hormonal restructuring.
The temperature of the nursing mother is normal to 37.5 ° C.
The greater the accumulation of breast milk in the glands, the stronger the local immunity is loaded, the temperature is raised above. If a woman is diagnosed (inflammation of the breast), the indicator increases to 39 ° C.
Measure the temperature is recommended for an hour or 30 minutes before feeding. As the milk influx, the thermometer column rises, after stopping the sucking returns to normal.
Sokolova L. S.
Pediatrician Higher Category
The first 1-1.5 months after the birth of a nursing woman accompanies [wikisnippet id = "3263"] Subfebrile temperature [/ Wikisnippet]. If there are no seals and nodules in breast glands, there is no reason for concern. With daily chest drainage, the thermometer column drops to 36.6 by the end of the second month.
The temperature of the breast leather temperatures were measured during the GW of 11 mothers a total of 47 times using CoreTemp CM-210 (Terumo Corporation, Tokyo, Japan) to study local temperature changes during breastfeeding. In both glands, the skin temperature was significantly higher than the base temperature of the skin (during the start of sucking to 5 minutes after the completion of feeding). The average temperature of the mammary gland to breastfeeding from 4 days to 8 weeks after the birth was significantly higher than in the first 1-2 days after delivery. These results show that the temperature of the breast leather rises during the first days after childbirth and remains high during sucking and up to 5 minutes after the end of the child feeding. Thus, the lactation process is accompanied by local temperature lifting.
How nursing mom correctly measure temperature
Each third woman has a temperature rises to 37.5-37.6 ° C during feeding. The indicator is natural, in normal it is reduced in 30-60 minutes. Therefore, measuring the temperature is better after disappearances. hyperemia Milk gloomy.
- Measurement time - 30-60 minutes after feeding, an hour after sleep.
- The skin of the armpits washes and wipes dry.
- The thermometer snugly press the hand.
- During the procedure, do not move, do not eat.
- Duration of measurement - 5 minutes.
- In case of suspected stagnation in dairy ducts, the temperature should be measured in both depressions.
Swedish scientists came to the conclusion that the most accurate way to learn T body is a rectal measurement, since sweat and clothing affect the indicators in the armpit. The study was conducted in 2007-2008 with the involvement of 323 patients (Source - the Swedish magazine The Local, published research results find, unfortunately failed). This method for nursing mom is not excluded and is used as desired.
Normally, the thermometer column is kept at a mark of 37-37.4 ° C, but the indicator above 37.7 ° C explicitly indicates the presence of a pathological process in the body. Diagnostics of symptoms and treatment required.
Is it possible to breastfeed a baby at temperatures
The ability of viruses and bacteria to penetrate milk - not the basis for the failure of breastfeeding. Even before the first symptoms of the disease in the human body, protective antibodies are produced. These immunoglobulins penetrate into breast milk and transferred to the baby, forming a passive immunity. Thus, the child's body is pre-prepared for the fight against infection.
Indications for radiation from GW at a temperature:
- severe diseases whose treatment requires;
- appointment of mothers of narcotic drugs or chemotherapy;
- complications of diseases of the kidneys and the urogenital system;
- blood infection (sepsis);
- purulent mastitis;
- Acute infections -, sinusitis, pneumonia, dysentery, typhoid, cholera.
In the acute course of pathology, the disintegration products of harmful microbes are formed, which penetrate into milk. Toxins fall to the child, the microflora of the gastrointestinal microflora is disturbed, the plasma structure changes. Baby is experiencing poisoning. In such situations, it is recommended to stop breastfeeding, but to grind milk so as not to catch lactation.
- in the case of blockage of dairy ducts (mastitis without pus);
- Against the background of the exacerbation of chronic pathologies (admission of safe drugs).
Termination should be stopped only in emergency situations when the probability of harm exceeds the benefits of breast milk. Even with antibiotic therapy, medications are prescribed compatible with GV - cephalosporins and penicillins (ceftriaxone,).
What to do at high temperature
With an indicator up to 37.4 ° C, there is no reason for panic. To begin with, it is recommended to monitor the temperature for 1-2 days. Increase can be triggered by banal stress or inclipboard. In this case, the temperature is normalized during the day. If an indicator's growth is noted, it means that it is time to take action.
General algorithm of action
- Do not stop breastfeeding (the decision is made after finding out the cause of hyperthermia).
- Diagnose the cause of the symptom (call a doctor).
- Start treatment with folk methods.
- With the ineffectiveness of home treatment, apply medicines.
If the temperature is not critical, it is recommended to post for a state of 1-2 days. Diseases under which feeding stops are sharply and sharply accompanied by heat and fever. With such symptoms, the urgent hospitalization of the mother may be required.
To eliminate the risks of complications, it is better to call a doctor within a day after the detection of hyperthermia.
If the temperature does not exceed 38 ° C, the recommendations are reduced to abundant drinking and semi-transit mode. It is important to continue breastfeeding, since the best immunomodulatory agent for the kid is breast milk.
If the temperature is 38-39 ° C
The indicator is considered critical and notifies that the woman's body does not cope with violations on their own. The antipyretic agents and drug therapy are recommended, aimed at combating the cause of the disease.
Nursing mom can be started with the use of methods of traditional medicine:
- Observe the drinking mode (1.5-2 liters of fluid per day) to prevent dehydration. Water diluted milk, prevents development.
- 3 times a day drink a cup of tea with lemon or honey (0.5 hd.). The method is admissible in the absence of a tenderness of the tendency to allergies.
- Drink hamberry or crimson leaves (1 tbsp. Spoon of raw materials on a glass of boiling water, insist for 30 minutes). Recommended dose - on a glass 2 times a day: in the morning and in the evening.
- Apply cool compresses on the forehead.
- Waste a weak solution of vinegar (on a glass of water - 1 ml of 70% acetic acid).
The use of folk methods is effectively at the initial stage of a cold. But if the temperature of the nursing mother does not fall longer than 3 days, antipyretic drugs are required.
Antipyretic with breastfeeding
If the temperature is not shot down by folk remedies, the therapists recommend agents based on paracetamol and ibuprofen. Preparations penetrate the lactation barrier, but safe for the body of the infant.
Preparations act against heat, pain and inflammation. Produced in tablets, suspensions and candles. Differences of different forms of release - exposure time. Syrups act in 15-20 minutes, a tablet - after 30-40 minutes, a rectal suspension - within an hour. If the temperature needs to be confused urgently, it is better to drink a suspension or a capsule. Rectal candles are recommended for the night.
The effect of these drugs on breast milk is not studied, but a list of side effects is an occasion for refusing to apply these means for guv. Composition of complex powders present substances that depress the work of the central nervous system and provoking violations in the development of a baby.
Can the abyss of milk at a temperature: the causes of stagnation
According to the reviews of nursing mothers, with an increase in body t above, 38.0 ° C arrives less than milk. But pediatricians argue that if the reason for the heat is not related to lactation or mastitis, changes in the volume of feeding are not noted. It is important to observe the drinking mode and apply the child to the chest on the usual schedule or more often.
A slight temperature rise in a nursing woman is a normal phenomenon caused by the weakness of immunity after delivery. If you diagnose the cause of hyperthermia for 48 hours and immediately begin treatment, the symptom will retreat within 3 days. At the same time, the rejection of breast feeding is justified in 9-14% of cases - with heavy pathologies. In other situations, you need to participate the attachment of the baby to the chest to protect its body from various infections.
List of references :
- Changes in breast skin temperature during breastfeeding - J HUM LACT. 2007 Feb; 23 (1): 60-9.
Sokolova L. S.
Position: Article editor. Qualification: The pediatrician of the highest category.
In 1977 he graduated from the Gorky Medical Institute. S. M. Kirov in the specialty "Pediatrics". For 25 years he worked as a precinct pediatrician.
Today there are a lot of medicines that effectively knock down the temperature and help to quickly stand up. However, with breast feeding, most drugs cannot be taken. Through the milk, the contents of the drug fall into the body, which is not always safe.
What if the temperature rose when lactation? What medicines can drink to knock the heat? Should I continue breastfeeding? Let's look at these aspects.
How to measure temperature during lactation
It is impossible to measure the temperature at full breast, during and immediately after feeding or complaining. During this period, the normal temperature at the same time will be 37.1-37.3 ° C.
To obtain the right indicators, the temperature can be measured after half an hour after feeding or complaining.
Causes of elevated temperature:
At temperatures above 39 degrees, be sure to consult a doctor! Such a high temperature may be a symptom of a dangerous disease. Therefore, it is necessary to find out the reason. Also, you should not engage in self-medication, because it can lead to difficult consequences!
Is it possible to feed the infants during the disease
Another question that worries nursing mom is it possible to feed the baby with breast milk. Doctors recommend not to stop breast feeding. After all, together with milk, the kid receives useful elements and protective substances. Thanks to Molok, the baby does not get infected.
In addition, to protect the newborn, wear gauze bandage or mask. Studies also show that high temperature Does not affect the taste and quality of milk . In no case cannot boil milk. Such processing kills protective antibodies.
If the temperature of the nursing mother rose, do not rush to take pharmacy medications. Folk medicine is also effective. The main thing is to use secure methods.
During a cold breastfeeding, the temperature can be knocked down with Inhalation . These are boiled potatoes, boiling water with several drops of eucalyptus or a brewed chamomile.
Will help with a cold and Baths for legs. Add some mustard powder into the water. Perform the procedure before bedtime, then wear warm socks and wrap your legs into the blanket.
During the disease Drink more fluid . With breastfeeding, the optimal version is boiled water. You can also drink Tea with honey, jam and lemon . However, only provided that the infants do not have allergies.
Do Herbracks But be careful when choosing plants. So, mint and sage reduce the production of breast milk. In case of breastfeeding, you can drink infusions from chamomile, evalip, juniper, Melissa. These herbs have anti-inflammatory and antiviral effect. Drink therapeutic drinks, teas and water during the day. The main thing is that drinking was warm.
Another popular way to get rid of the heat - Wasten by vinegar. However, note that the vinegar penetrates the blood, so the solution should be very weak. In 50 ml of warm water pour 30-40 ml of vinegar. For an adult, a solution of 1: 1 is made, but with breastfeeding dose it is better to reduce the dose.
It is important to take warm water, not cold and not hot. Otherwise, the patient can only be worse due to the sharp narrowing of the vessels. Add only a standard table solution (not an essence!) 6-9% concentration.
Stir the composition and start applying with palms and feet. Then go to your neck, armpits and knees. After wiping, cover the sheet or a slight blanket.
You can also knock down the temperature with Compress with vinegar . Instruct in 200 ml of water 15-17 ml of vinegar. Stir the composition in which moisten the fabric. Put on the forehead.
Many drugs remove the temperature in a short time. It is Ferwex, Caldrex, Teraflu and many others. However, such medicines are very harmful to the baby and are prohibited during breastfeeding period. The composition of these drugs includes components that change the composition of milk and adversely affect the structure.
Doctors, including the popular television doctor Komarovsky, recommend taking paracetamol. This is an active antipyretic agent, which is rapidly excreted from the body and does not harm the infant.
You can also take ibuprofen or nourofen. Extremely efficient and secure means. But citrate is very dangerous for infants!
When taking, it is important to execute the rules:
- Drink tablets (or candles) only at temperatures above 38 degrees;
- Take the medicine to the maximum of three days;
- If during this time, the fever did not sleep, be sure to consult a doctor;
- Do not exceed the permissible dosage, which is indicated in the instructions or appointed by a doctor;
- Squeeze only drinking water;
- Do not self-medication if the temperature rose above 39 degrees;
- Be sure to follow the condition of the kid. At the first symptoms of allergies or other disorders, immediately stop taking medication.
Read more, how to make antipyretic drugs with breastfeeding, read here https://vskormi.ru/mama/prastuda-pri-grudnom-vskarmlivanii/.
As is known, high temperature is not a disease, but a symptom. Therefore, if a nursing woman has begun heat, you need to understand what caused it. Only a qualified doctor should be diagnosed and prescribed treatment. Self-treatment is a bad scenario for any person, in the case of a young mother, it is categorically unacceptable. Also, it was the specialist who should decide on the interruption or continuation of breastfeeding. Today, the baby from the chest takes in extreme cases. The continuation of natural feeding is extremely important for the health of the child. And despite the fact that the decision remains for the doctor, to know which scenarios are possible, each young mother needs.
When it is not worth refusing to breastfeeding:
If the mother fell ill or VIZ (this is the most common cause of elevated temperature). The fact is that, together with mother's milk during this period, extremely important antibodies will fall into the body's body. They are needed to form a child's immune system. If even the baby becomes infected with mom, it will take the disease easier. Of course, in this case, a woman can take only a medicine-based drug.
If lactostaste began (the clashes of milk in the glands) or mastitis (inflammation of the breast). IMPORTANT: Mastitis in no case should be accompanied by purulent processes! Applying a baby to the chest in these cases will help facilitate the state of the mother and avoid complications in the future. Mastitis is not always an obstacle to breastfeeding. If only sealing and limited inflammation appeared in the breast without a pus, feed the baby is allowed. In case of strong pains and the appearance of purulent infection, the attachment of the child to the sore breast should be temporarily stopped. At the same time, milk from the sore breast must be regularly sucking. Healthy breastfeeding should be continued.
When breastfeeding is impossible:
If the heat rose above 39 ° C. During fever, milk is changing taste and consistency. This may entail a child's refusal from the breast later.
If the mother aggravated chronic kidney diseases, liver, heart, respiratory tract or other internal organs.
If the cause of high temperature became mastitis complicated by a purulent inflammatory process in the chest.
- If a woman was appointed to treat antibiotics.
# PROMO_BLOCK #
How to measure the temperature with breastfeeding?
You can measure the temperature in the axillary depression only after 30-40 minutes after feeding (or complaining). Even when mom is healthy, but the chest is filled, the thermometer will show 37.1-37.3 ° C. Be sure to wipe the sweat, water absorbs heat and data may be incorrect. You can use the method usually recommended obstetres - measure the temperature in the elbow bending.
Recall that a young mother when mawing will certainly need to consult a doctor to diagnose and appoint treatment. Do not do it yourself. Perhaps the only safe way to bring down the temperature is abundant drink. Drink more tea with lemon or jam, milk with honey, helpful compotes and fruit. Of course, when taking these drinks you need to be sure that the baby has no allergies to its components.314159. 0
The nutrition of a breast child depends on the diagnosis and treatment of nursing mothers. We understand whether it is possible to breastfeed if the mother fell ill with a cold, her temperature or vomiting, the dairy glands were inflated. Is it safe to take antibiotics or need to temporarily go to the mixture, and can the baby get infected with mom? All about breastfeeding, while you are sick, - in a conversation with a neonatologist Valery Maksimovnaya Niccoon.
- Valery Maksimovna, whether breastfeed, if my mother got sick? In what cases does my mother be breastfeeding?
- There are a number of diseases in which breastfeeding is strictly prohibited. In other cases, it is permitted, but must be taken into account, what therapy is carried out. And if it is not possible to appoint treatment compatible with breastfeeding, then in vital testimony for mom breastfeeding cessation completely either for the period of reception of drugs. On the possibility of feeding during treatment you should always consult with your doctor.
Nursing mom got sick: can I feed
You can feed the child if my mother got sick
It is necessary to temporarily stop HB to stabilize the condition and disappearance of disease manifestations
It is categorically impossible to feed with breasts and encircled breast milk.
- The disease affects the production of milk?
- It all depends on the disease. If at high temperatures, milk products may increase, then with diseases accompanied by diarrhea or vomiting, it is possible that its development will noticeably decrease against the background of dehydration. But if we carry out the prevention of hypoglactics, then perhaps the amount of milk will decrease insignificantly.
- After the disease, is it necessary to donate breast milk to the analysis to test its sterility and security for the child?
- Medical analyzes are carried out to assess the course of the disease. Milk is not such a sterile product, as everyone thinks. Call the disease in mom can pathogenic organisms that may be present in breast milk, but this does not mean that the child will get sick.
In infectious diseases in the body of a woman, specific antibodies are produced, which fall into milk and then into the body of the baby. They help the children's body to resist infections, but if the child is still ill, then usually the disease occurs in a lighter form.
Breastfeeding and medication
- After what time after taking antibiotics, if breastfeeding was suspended, you can breastfeed again?
- Each medicine has its own time to elimination in the bloodstream, the period when the substance at the end of the reception is still present in the body. Focusing on this, the doctor will tell you when mom will be able to feed the child again. Some can give the baby's chest the day after the cancellation of the drug, and someone will have to wait a week until the substance completely displays from the body.
- How to treat a cold nursing mom, what drugs are allowed?
- Treatment of ORVI is no different in a nursing and non-impatient woman. Today, antiviral drugs, which would be recommended for this disease, no.
Treatment of colds for guv
- Warm drink in large quantities, drinking milk
- Nasal wash with solutions of sterile sea water
- ibuprofen to reduce temperature
Important! Summarizing drops with oxymetazoline need to be used with caution, since this substance penetrates into breast milk and has a vasoconstrictor effect.
Influenza is a more serious illness, but its treatment is similar to the treatment of ARVI. Medicines are prescribed depending on the symptoms, then the question is solved if it is possible to continue breastfeeding or it is better to stop it. In any case, the treatment assigns and controls the doctor.
How not to infect baby wit
- Constantly ventilated
- wear a mask during feeding or close contact with the child (no need to wear a mask from morning to evening, it has a limited period of action)
- It makes no sense to constantly wash or dress up the infants
- It makes no sense to give the child preparations for enhancing immunity
Respiratory diseases are especially dangerous before the first clinical symptoms. This means that mom may not suspect a disease before the start of its manifestations and at the same time continue to contact the baby.
Than feed baby if mom got sick
- Valery Maksimovna, how to feed the child, if the mother got sick and she has a long treatment, and what to give a child if the mother drinks "strong" antibiotics?
- If Mom knows that she has long treatment to be treated, you can try to organize a personal bank of breast milk. This is quite simple, especially with the established lactation, when breast milk is produced exactly as much as necessary.
If there is no such possibility, especially with a sudden necessity of therapy, incompatible with breastfeeding, then, unfortunately, in our country the child immediately translates into artificial feeding. At the same time, donor cans of breast milk were created in Europe and America, which can be used.
- How to preserve lactation when taking antibiotics or treatment in the hospital? Is it possible to return to breastfeeding after recovery?
- With a high motivation of mom, you can save lactation without a child. During the treatment period, it is necessary to join every 2-2.5 hours, especially at night, when the prolactin hormone is produced, which stimulates lactation. There must be an adequate drink, if possible, contact with the child, even if it does not suck the chest. All this supports the production of milk.
- What kind of children's milk mixtures are better to feed the child, until mom is sick?
- The mixture is selected individually taking into account the age and characteristics of the child. If there is a need to transfer the baby to artificial feeding, it may come, for example, a mixture of Mamako ®Premium on goat milk. It is comfortable absorbed, has a good composition, contains all the necessary nutrients, vitamins and minerals, pre- and probiotics.
There are few diseases in which it is strictly contraindicated with breasts. In other cases, breastfeeding is not prohibited or suspended until the mom's complete recovery and cancellation of drugs. If my mother is forced to stop breastfeeding, but wants to keep lactation, you need to constantly join. In the period of cancellation of breastfeeding, an individual bank of breast milk is used or a milk mixture. The choice of treatment tactics and baby food must be done with the doctor.
Neonatologist Valery Maksimovna Schelknova
* The perfect food for the breast is Mother's Milk. WHO recommends solely breastfeeding in the first 6 months. Mamako. ®Supports this recommendation. Before the introduction of new products to the diet of new products, consult with a specialist.
Increased temperature in HB at Mom: Is it necessary to shoot down and can I feed?
During the whole breastfeeding period, almost any woman at least once experiences tangible malaise. Often - with a temperature lift. What can indicate the increased temperature in a nursing mother, how can it be normalized and whether it is necessary to urgently translate the crumb on the mixture - we will talk about it further.
Causes of temperature at mom with breastfeeding
They can be different. Most often, the temperature in HB in Mom testifies to:
- colds - ORZ or ORVI;
- intestinal infection, especially if in a nursing mother - and temperature, and diarrhea at the same time;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases of internal organs - kidneys, lungs, gastrointestinal tract;
- Stagnation: For example, temperature during lactostasis and mastitis in a nursing mother can increase to 39-40 degrees.
In addition, if an increase in the body temperature of a nursing mother occurs in the first few days or weeks after childbirth, it can be about inflammatory processes in the uterus or other gynecological diseases.
To properly determine why a nursing mother rises the temperature and develop tactics for further treatment and feeding, it is necessary to consult a doctor. It is advisable to call it to the house - in order not to exacerbate its state by visiting the clinic.
Do I need to take a child from the chest at a temperature of GW at mom?
Contrary to popular belief, it is not always appropriate. For example, if a woman is simply cold, it is necessary to continue to feed: during this period, specific antibodies are produced in its body, which, falling with milk into the organism of the crumbs, take an active part in the formation of its immunity. Of course, if, because of the ARZ or ORVI, the temperature of the nursing mother rose temperatures, follows the precautionary measures during contact with infants: wash their hands thoroughly and wear a disposable mask.
With lactostasis and mastitis, feeding is all the more shown - it will reduce the stagnation of milk and facilitate the general condition. But if the temperature in mastitis in a nursing mother is accompanied by purulent discharge from the breast, the process should be temporarily stopped by transferring the child to the mixture until the pathology is completely eliminated. At this time, a woman is strongly recommended to grind milk.
It makes sense to interrupt feeding and at acute intestinal infection - there is a chance that the pathogenic bacteria can get into the kid's body together with milk.
In all other cases, it is quite possible to breastfeed if mom has a temperature. True, here you should consider several points: drugs that are used for treatment should not affect the quality and composition of breast milk.
In this context, a reasonable question arises: what about antibiotics? Do they cause a child with a child? To avoid risk and at the same time not to stop feeding, it follows, firstly, to consult with the doctor, secondly, carefully examine the instructions. If the drug output period is, for example, 6 hours, then after this time, before taking the next dose, it is quite possible to feed the child. Or to send milk and use it in one of the subsequent feedings.
How to measure the temperature correctly?
Do not panic if the temperature of the nursing mother is 37.2 or so. The reasons for its raising may be several:
- before feeding - due to the crowded breast;
- After feeding - due to close contact with the body of a child and, as a result, overheating of the skin;
- At any time - due to measurement errors.
In order to avoid this, you need to know how to correct the temperature of a nursing mom. It should be done 15-20 minutes after the completion of the children's meal, pre-protected the place in which the thermometer will be placed, a cool wet cloth.
It is important to eliminate the sweat measurement zone - it can, on the contrary, to reduce the values, because, like any liquid, is able to absorb heat. By the way, it is the measurement in conditions of a sweaty body, and not overwork, as it is considered, is one of the frequent causes of the reduced temperature in a nursing mother.
Traditionally, most people measure the temperature in the armpits. However, doctors argue that this is not the best place to obtain objective information about the state of health. Therefore, we, together with specialists, we recommend measuring the temperature of a nursing mother in the elbow bending. This will reduce the likelihood of an error to a minimum.
We reduce the temperature of my mother with breastfeeding to normal: the choice of funds
However, we will imagine that all the conditions are completed, and the thermometer shows a high temperature at a nursing mother: how to knock and when to do it?
The values at which the temperature needs to be corrected, for MAM on the GW, as for all other people. Indicators below 38-38.5 degrees do not need: it is advisable to give the body to deal with the virus, infection or other pathology.
At a temperature of a nursing mother, urgent measures are needed above 39. Here's what you recommend doing doctors in this case:
- Take allowed antipyretic drugs - paracetamol ,Nurofen. и ibuprofen . These are the safest temperature tablets with nursing mothers, moreover, they even enter children's antipyretic drugs, which means they do not represent the danger for kids. But from the reception of aspirin, as well as various instant "spindles" with dyes and flavors, it is better to refrain. By the way, to further minimize the effect of drugs on the composition of milk, you can use candles from temperature for a nursing mother based on paracetamol or ibuprofen . In this case, the components of the drug are guaranteed not to fall into the milk. But the effect of them will be less pronounced than from tablets;
- Use a lot of warm liquid. It can be both clean water and various herbal, honey and fruit-berry teas, fruit, juices, unsweetened compotes. The main thing is that the kid does not have allergies to those components that you use for cooking. However, if the temperature has risen in a nursing mother with lactostasis - to use liquids should be taken care of caution;
- Walk to acetic water. Divorced vinegar well reduces the temperature and does not penetrate into milk, unlike alcohol, to use which is categorically forbidden during GW. But the acetic water can be used not only in the format of wiping, but also in the form of compresses. Also well help "acetic socks" - socks moistened in solution, wear on their feet.
Finally - useful advice: sometimes there is a high temperature in a nursing mother without symptoms. This can be as a consequence of overwork, as well as a dangerous sign. The fact is that hormonal changes coming due to pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding are often dulled pain and other uncomfortable sensations. That is why always with such states should consult a doctor and, if there is indications, pass all the necessary examination to establish a diagnosis.
Temperature in a nursing mother.
As a rule, women, nursing their baby, are very responsible for their health issues, fearing to harm the child. The most common problem of concern is to increase the temperature in a nursing mother. There are a lot of reasons for that.
High temperatures in the GW in Mom in the first week after the birth of a child, most often associated with inflammation of the breast and postpartum complications. And the end of pregnancy, as well as the female body is often depleted, the level of hemoglobin is reduced, which serves as a reason for weakening immunity. A nosocomial infection with which mother and baby are inevitably collapsed, may cause an inflammatory response in the breast. Infection occurs during the feeding of the baby's chest, especially, with the wrong grip and the appearance of the cracks of the nipples. The reason for the rise in temperature in such a situation is no doubt, since the pain in the chest is growing, redness and flu-like syndrome.
Another reason for increasing the temperature at lactation is postpartum complications. They are not always obvious to women, therefore, if the temperature rose for 30 days after childbirth, especially without an explicit reason, it is necessary to see a doctor in his maternity hospital. A characteristic problems for the postpartum period, an increase in temperature during breastfeeding may not be associated with lactation and caused by infectious, acute respiratory diseases, exacerbations of chronic diseases with increasing temperature.
Temperature with breastfeeding, what to do?
Of course, women are concerned about an increase in breastfeeding temperature and questions arise:
- Does the temperature affect the quality of milk;
- Suddenly, something in it is destroyed and becomes harmful;
- Can infection get to the milk to the child;
- Is it possible to take antipyretic drugs?
Young mothers are interested, whether it is possible to continue breastfeeding at temperatures. Definitely - yes, if it does not cause pronounced discomfort at mom. For a child, it is completely safe, and even useful if the temperature rise is caused by ARVI. The maternal organism produces protective immunoglobulins that the child gets with milk. Thus, milk becomes a specific treatment and prophylactic agent. Many mothers, knowing this, instill milk in the spout of your baby. If inflammation in the breast is a mastitis, frequent feeding is a prerequisite for recovery. Of course, if the milk is released into milk, it is not worth it to give a child. In all other cases, the quality of milk does not suffer.
Is it possible to reduce the temperature of a nursing mother?
Of course, the temperature can be reduced and simply necessary. In order to comply with the general rules:
- Taking tools reduced temperature if it is above 38.5 s;
- do not exceed the dosage;
- Self-treatment is possible no more than 3 days, then it is necessary to seek help to a doctor.
If the temperature rise is combined with the pain in the chest against the background of lactation, even a year-one and a half after the birth of the child, or in the lower parts of the abdomen for 30-40 days after delivery - to see a doctor urgently. Perhaps the infectious and inflammatory diseases developed, in which it is necessary to begin treatment as soon as possible to avoid serious consequences.
How to reduce the temperature?
Nursing mothers can be taking a nooofen (ibuprofen) and paracetamol in adult dosages. Some nursing mothers take children's forms of these drugs, believing that ordinary tablets cannot be. This is a delusion, since the active medicinal substance is the same. For children, it is dissolved in syrup, for the convenience of dosing and reception. An adult can also take it, recounted by the number of syrup to get the necessary effective dose of the drug. In the intolerance to the baby, the toddler components of the syrup can be divided by a regular tablet to get a dose by age, it is overcome and give it with breast milk or sweetened water. It is a contraindication for compresses and inhalations! Do not self-medicate, please contact your doctor in time!