In Russian spelling there are both options for writing words: "No wonder" и "Not surprising" .
Selection of a fusion or separate writing of the word with "not" Depends on the context.
Fusion Writing the word "no wonder"
From high-quality adjective "No wonder" can be formed as a brief form of adjective "not surprising" and Omonial adverb with suffix -about :
Amazing → not Amazing → not surprising о
This event is completely not surprising (adjective).
It is not surprising that they quarreled (adverb).
In Russian spelling there is a general advantage rule "not" With different parts of speech. Consider this rule in a specific case of spelling words "not surprising" и "Not surprising" .
At adjective or adverb is formed by antonym with the prefix not- .
If there is no oppression in the proposal, then the word "No wonder" Writing pits.
Your message is not surprising for me.
It is not surprising that the boy won the batch in chess.
It should be remembered that adveria measures and degrees "Very", "extremely", "almost", "completely", "absolutely" etc. Do not affect the writing of the word under consideration. In the presence of the listed union word "No wonder" Writing pits.
It is absolutely not surprising that your son was carried away by large tennis.
Such a solution to the issue is absolutely no wonder.
Separate writing "Not surprising"
1. If there is an opposition in the proposal, you should write a negative particle "not" with word "Surprisingly" apart:
Your intention is not surprising аComplete trite.
For the defensive, it will not be surprising аBuddy, if a fun clown appears on the holiday.
2. With combinations "Not at all", "not at all", "far from" Word "Surprisingly" Written separately:
It is not at all surprising for us that in winter is increasingly thawing.
Many singing birds fly to winter in Africa, which is not surprising.
It's not surprising to us that at the same time it is raining and the sun shines.
3. If a dependent word is present in the proposal "Nor" , then write separately a particle "not" with word "Surprisingly" :
It is not surprising at all that in the summer I want to go to the sea.
This event is not surprising to anyone.
Similarly, distinguish the fusion and separate writing of words:
This article is about the correct writing of the word "not surprising", about the cases in which it is written in a punk and separately.
Spelling is a complex section, although in Russian all sections are very important and without their thorough knowledge it is impossible to master the material at the proper level. From this article, you will learn how to write a word "no wonder": together with the prefix "not", or separately, as an independent part of speech with a particle.
How is the word correctly written: "not surprisingly" or "not surprising"?
In Russian, you can meet both variations in spelling this word form. To know how to use "no wonder": together or separately, study the text itself. Observe how this word is used in the context.
According to the norms of the Russian language, in this case, the rule is used - the spelling "not" with adverbs. If you know this rule, you will already be sure which of the two variations are correct. Let's consider the rule on the examples.
Write together in such cases:
- Together with the "not" particle, this word form is used if the text can be substituted with a synonym-design without "not". For example: "It is not surprising that we quarreled." In this proposal, the word is perfectly replaced by "predictable", it means that you need to write ply. Here is another example: "It was not surprising for Igor." In this context, the Word acts as abbreviated adjectives, and it can be replaced by "ordinary", it means that I have been writing: "It was for Igor completely everyday."
- If you can not pick up a synonym for a word, but in the sentence there is an affirmative context or a hue on meaning, it means that we write together: "For them it is not surprisingly" (usually).
- Together, write this word form, if there are implicit measures in the context and degrees: "Very", "very", "extremely", "almost", "perfectly". For example, "almost no wonder he did not come to school."
Separately write in the following cases:
- If in the context implies a visible confrontation with the Union "A", then it is necessary to write wordforms separately. For example: "This is not surprising for us, but even predictable."
- Separate this word, if in the context there are words - pronouns with the explanation of denial (not at all, not, far from). For example: "It is not surprising for Ivan for Ivan."
- In the proposal with a question mark at the end, with the underscore, this word form should be written separately. For example: "Is this not surprising for our colleagues?"
In the rules of the merchandising or separate spelling of Wordformes "Not surprising", there are remarkable exceptions to the rules.
Remember - Exception number 1 : If an explanatory word is the adverb "at all", the word form "is not surprising" can be written both together and separately.
Here is an example:
- "For them it quite no wonder "Or" completely ordinary. "
- "For them it Not at all surprising "Or" is not surprising. "
Remember - exception number 2: If in the context there is a negative expression, but this is not particularly emphasized.
Here is an example:
- "After all, it is not surprising! I waited for this moment. " (In other words: "It was clear!", Context is affirmative, but if you write separately, the context will be negative).
Now let's fix the material, and repeat the rules.
In what cases is "not surprising" written in a punch?
Easy and just remember when you need to write this word pits:
- If the word is replaced by synonym , and the proposal does not lose its meaning. For example: "It is not surprising that you are in a quarrel for so long" (expected).
- With sustainable approval. For example: "It is not surprising that the guys won the competition" (expected).
- In the presence of impossible measures and degrees in the proposal. For example: "It is very not surprising that her child passed classes."
The dual value of this word implies both a fusion and separate writing. Explanation See above in the note.
In what cases is "not surprising" written separately?
The rule about the separation use of this word form is a little more difficult to remember, but it is also simple, if you understand the context:
- Opposition with the Union "A" In the sentence implies separate writing. For example: "What you won this batch in chess is not surprising, but absolutely natural."
- Words with explanation and pronouns with denial (not at all, not, far from). For example: "You did not come, and it is far from surprising."
- If the proposal with a question mark in the end and there is an emphasis of the denial, then this word must be written separately. For example: "Does his behavior are not surprising for you?"
Exceptions from the rules, see the text above. They are very rare, but they need to remember.
If you speak briefly, the word "no wonder" is almost always written together with the prefix "not" . When there is a controversy with the Union "A" or the words: "Not at all", "not at all", "far from" Write separately.